Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Reads #5

Book #8 Split by Swati Avasthi

This book was about a boy who has an abusive father who gets kicked out of his house and has to figure out where he'll live, what he'll do and how he'll act. He wants to make a fresh start, but his old live keeps pulling him back. It was an interesting book and the author used several flashbacks to convey that Jace, the protagonist is being held back by his past experiences. I'd say that this book (and Stupid Fast) would be texts I would recommend to my students.


Thus concludes my young adult reading pile for the summer. (I had doubts I would get through that many books!) Now I am going to take a break and obsess about getting through my to-do pile--yearbook business, thank you notes, publication critiquest, etc. Of course I might get distracted by Bossy Pants... and there's a whole shelf of texts I have been waiting for years to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment