Sunday, June 24, 2012

Going Home Day

After a busy day of entertaining visitors and admiring fans--including a good chat with my "work wife" Lisa (with whom I texted during labor and delivery), it was time to pack up and head home. It was as if we had an extended hotel stay, complete with room service. We started out leisurely gathering items, taking glorious showers, and getting dressed in our "going home outfits." Calvin wore the sleeper that Dan wore home when he was born.

C: "I know this is a sentimental moment and all,
but you do realize it's not December. Right?"



In the end, we just threw things in the bags we brought. Jeff and Seamus popped their heads in and we put them to work. I am pretty sure the universe sent these angels since it was exactly what we didn't even know we needed. They hauled us out of there, took a few pics, valeted the car and sent us home. I seriously can't thank these two honorary uncles enough. 
Leaving the hospital as a little family.
And, we were off. Off into the land of taking care of Calvin and each other. 

I have said this before, and I'll say it again:
I'll go anywhere with Dan; it's guaranteed to be a fun ride.
Parenting will, no doubt, be the ultimate roadtrip together.

And, we're off!
I didn't worry that we wouldn't be able to do it, I just knew that our new little family would figure it out together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment