Saturday, December 31, 2011

First Call

I am a 28 day girl, so when I hit 30 days, I told Dan that I thought we were pregnant. He didn't think so until I announced 31, 32, 33...then we took the test. Science proved to my logical mate that my woman's intuition was indeed accurate.
After we took the home pregnancy test on October 19, we called my parents, my brother, Dan's mom and Dan's sisters. My mother screamed in excitement and when we got Dad on the phone, we asked him if he was wondering what was going on. He implied that the screaming was a regular occurrence--nothing to get too excited about. Happens more often than you think, he said. He thought it was pretty "awesome" news. Pam was surprised; when Dan asked if she was ready to be a grandma, she said she could wait just a little while longer. He assured her she had nine months to prepare. Maggie was thrilled; she called her boyfriend and cried then called us back to chat about it. Beth Ann was so excited, too, and she made sure to know who was in the loop. She didn't want to be the one to let the cat out of the bag.
We decided we weren't going to tell anyone else until the first trimester was over. Everyone on the call list vowed secrecy--though it proved to be difficult at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment