Monday, April 2, 2012

Here's to Hoping

Blogging fail.
I say, sometimes, when creating and publishing books is a part of my job, I don't always have the creative energy to post to a blog. I say, that's what happened in March, my friends.
Yearbookland gets a little hectic when final deadlines roll through. I start spending my prep hour locked away in the back of my classroom. I squirrel away at my computer during lunch time. It's a pretty isolating way to live. But, that's the way the work gets done.
Dissertationtown has also picked up speed. My final meeting is scheduled on April 10, so that means I have been tethered to my computer for a few weeks now. I even brought my laptop on Spring Break and on a trip with friends up North. I keep holding out hope that some day soon I'll feel the release of the weight of the Big D (and, no, I don't mean Dallas or Divorce). Realizing that I have a drafted document that is 241 pages is shocking--to say the least. Knowing that all I have to work on this week is the works cited pages is at least somewhat comforting.
Actual Representation of a Literature Review
I am anticipating the light feeling of freedom and relaxation to be quickly followed by the realization that I'm carrying weight somewhere else...

A couple of major difference will be that a.) I won't be in a tropical location on vacation. b.) I won't shelving beer on my belly. c.) I doubt I'll be seen anywhere in public wearing my swim suit.
Most likely, I'll look a little more like this: 

Here's to hoping that a black graduation gown can take 20-30 pounds off my figure...or that people are at least distracted by all of the other regalia I'm sporting in May. 
Here's to hoping I'll be a more regular blogger then, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment