Saturday, April 28, 2012

Coming to Terms

This week, we had our first (of three) childbirth classes. And my reaction was not what I expected. 
I have been alright with the concept and reality of being pregnant.
I got used to the movement of a live child in my uterus.


However, during the viewing of a live birth, every single muscle in my body reacted to what I saw. If they could have joined in unison, they would have shouted:
WE ARE NOT DOING THAT!
No way. No how. Not going to happen, lady.
Forget about it. 


The problem is that this train has already left the station. The ship has sailed. There's no turning back time. If only I could find a way...


For now, I get to deal with my reaction. In seven days, I get to return to the classroom to see more women shouting and grunting. I get to visualize that that woman is me.


Don't come too soon, baby. I (apparently) have not come to terms. Yet.

2 comments:

  1. I believe that the childbirth classes are to inform you of the worst case scenarios that are possible, as well as providing you an audience to share in your greatest childbirth fears.
    It really is as nerve wracking as it is informative. The breastfeeding classes are much more positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting because I don't think that the women at Amma Parenting were trying to scare the buh-Jesus out of me. I think they were really trying to be informative. I guess the only image I have of birthing is a woman lying on her back on a hospital bed. I wasn't really prepared for anything else.
    Now I know, there are MANY ways to birth a child. Whatever is best for baby and Mom, is best for baby and Mom.
    The breastfeeding class is coming up soon! I am not as worried about that since I had a dream where my baby actually talked to me and told me not to worry because, "I got this one, Mom." :-)
    Thanks for the support, friend!

    ReplyDelete